Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

How do i unlock an ipad

How do i unlock an ipad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you with your issue, I will need additional information. Is your iPad locked with a passcode (disabled) or is your iPad's screen frozen

Customer:

My ipad is disabled with a pass code

Michelle :

Thank you for the additional information. You will need to restore your iPad back to factory settings which will erase your existing data. To do this,

First connect your iPad to your computer and open itunes. Next, Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 45 secs or until the connect to itunes logo appears. (Continue to hold when you see the apple logo.) The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad

Full Size Image

Michelle :

Your iPad will then show up in iTunes in "Recovery Mode" press restore

Michelle :

I will stand by while you complete the above steps. Let me know if you run into any issues

Customer:

I dont have a lead available to connect i pad to computer, could you please type all of the instructions to enable me to save them and then print them off at e

Customer:

another time

Michelle :

Sure.
1. Open iTunes on your computer, if you need an update version, click here http://www.apple.com/itunes/
2. Connect your iPad to your computer using the charging cable that came with your iPad and open iTunes
3. Next, Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 45 secs or until the connect to itunes logo appears. (Continue to hold when you see the apple logo.) The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad
4. Your iPad will then show up in recovery mode. Press restore

Michelle :

You can copy and paste those instructions into a word file, or you can log back into you JustAnswer account to view our chat