John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Hi guys , I may be asking the wrong people as my problem is

Customer Question

Hi guys , I may be asking the wrong people as my problem is with I tunes ? however if you can help I would be greatfull , I cant get I tune to recognise my I pod nano and have reinstalled program three times !
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
Can you tell me if you have a windows or Mac computer?
Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John , windows 8 acer laptop ,E1-571 .

Thanks Lee

Thanks,
Can you tell me of you are running any third party antivirus or firewall software?
John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Norton 360 and Macafee sec plus

Thanks, Lee.

Please temporarily uninstall both of those products.

Next uninstall all ofthe following Apple components:

iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support

Once you've completed the removal, restart your computer and re-install iTunes again. Make sure you download and install the latest release:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Once installed, run iTunes once to configure any needed settings.

Then plug in your iPod and verify it is recognized.

If it is recognized by iTunes, then you can re-install your security software one at a time and verify it does not interfere with iTunes.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John , wow all seems well ! many thanks , can I now reload security ? & do you know any one who could use an I pod !! thanks again .

Cheers Lee

Great, I'm glad to hear it!

Yes, you can reload your security software. If the problem happens again then you know what is causing it.

John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John I did reply and gave an excellent score to yourself ? However I now have been charged twice for your service ???

Hi Lee and thanks for the positive rating. I see only a single question from your so am not sure where the second fee might originate.

However, I am not an employee of JustAnswer and so do not have access to your account details to handle concerns of this nature.

You can contact customer service directly via [email protected] with any financial concerns. Just let them know that you are happy with the service on this question but have a second charge for unknown reasons and they should get you squared away.

Thanks,
John