Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My case number ***** ********* and my name is ***** *****

My case number ***** ********* and my name is ***** ***** is change of e-mail password ***** ***** by my Apple Mac and I-pad but not my I-phone.I need my I-phone for speedy usage of business e-mails and at present cannot receive or send from the device[serial number dnqkcl1zdtwd].
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Viet - Mac Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. So the same new password ***** ***** by both the Apple Mac computer and the iPad tablet, but that same new password ***** not work on the iPhone right?

Customer:

That is correct…Laurence

Viet - Mac Tech :

Thank you. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
(For privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address; please provide only the part after the character @, such as @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.)

Customer:

@hotmail.com

Viet - Mac Tech :

Can you test going to the hotmail website http://hotmail.com/ in Safari on the iPhone, then see if you can sign in your hotmail email address with your new password?

Customer:

ok.I will give that a try now

Viet - Mac Tech :

OK, and stay with me at this chat window.

Customer:

thanks

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Also, password ***** *****

Customer:

interesting.That idea worked through the route you suggested.However,when I return to the "mail' screen on the i-phone the password ***** ***** rejected.

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, that's a good first step, now try:

Viet - Mac Tech :

Go to General->Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your hotmail account, then tap on Password, then update your password ***** then check.

Customer:

that worked through safari but the 'mail' screen will still not accept the new password.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, did you do this: Go to Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your hotmail account, then tap on Password, then update your password ***** then check.

Viet - Mac Tech :

On the iPhone, did you do this: go to Settings app icon, then tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your hotmail email account, then tap on Password, then update your password ***** then check.

Customer:

Hello.Are you still there?

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm still here. Can you scroll down this web page in order to see my replies?

Customer:

sorry.my fault.I am back on track and will try the General..mail process now and get back to you.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, try Settings, not General.

Viet - Mac Tech :

On the iPhone, please go to Settings app icon, then tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your hotmail email account, then tap on Password, then update your password ***** then check.

Customer:

i have done that but unfortunately the screen says under the heading Outlook Account..unable to verify account information

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, please go to Settings app icon, then tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your hotmail email account, then delete your account for now.

Viet - Mac Tech :

, then select the Add account option in Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then select the option Outlook.com, then enter your hotmail email address and password

Customer:

I have done that.

Viet - Mac Tech :

next, please select the Add account option in Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then select the option Outlook.com, then enter your hotmail email address and password

Customer:

sorry.Ihave deleted the account and will now "add account' and let you know.

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok, thank you.

Customer:

Unfortunately, I performed the "add account'' function but once again the response was 'unable to verify account information'

Viet - Mac Tech :

That's strange. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then see you can add account again

Customer:

OK

Viet - Mac Tech :

thanks,

Viet - Mac Tech :

by the way, are you chatting with me on the mac computer or ipad right now?

Customer:

This is not going to be our night I am afraid to say.It still will not accept.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry about that, I'll continue to help you.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Are you chatting with me on the mac computer or ipad right now?

Customer:

I am on the Apple Mac.Thanks for sticking with me.

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome. On the iPad, can you sign in your hotmail at the website http://account.live.com

Viet - Mac Tech :

, then there, click on the option Security& password, then tell if it shows "Your account is protected by two-step verification" or not

Customer:

Can I verify that.I am going now to use the I-pad for the next stage of this process?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Yes, as I do not want you to test on this computer since we are chatting

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please go to the website http://account.live.com on the iPad please

Customer:

Thanks.I will get the I-pad and do what you ask and get back to you

Viet - Mac Tech :

OK thanks

Customer:

I have done that.Yes,my account is protected by 2-step verification.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Now, there, click on Create a new app password and use that password ***** add account

Customer:

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

it will give you a new password ***** you create a new app password, thanks,

Customer:

thanks.I will do it now

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome.

Customer:

I have done that and the app password ***** been accepted but what happens next?

Viet - Mac Tech :

did you add account on the iPhone using the password ***** gives you on the iPad?

Customer:

Yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, now open Mail app and check emails.

Customer:

I think I have done something wrong.The app password ***** I used was the one on the I-pad screen and I did NOT create a new app password.Once again,I have the not accepted screen on the i-phone

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please create a new app password ***** the iPad.

Viet - Mac Tech :

, then use it on the iPhone

Viet - Mac Tech :

since you have 2-step verification turned on, you must create different app password ***** each device

Viet - Mac Tech :

If needed, use the option "Create another app password"

Customer:

ok.I think that I have confused the issue.Very sorry.I DID actually put in a new app password ***** my first attempt and now have put in a second one which understandably has been rejected.

Viet - Mac Tech :

that's okay

Viet - Mac Tech :

when you create app password, it gives you a password ***** right?

Customer:

correct.That password ***** the one I used for the First attempt and then I created a second new password ***** the second attempt.

Viet - Mac Tech :

that's weird; create another new app password ***** try to add account again; make sure to type in the password ***** as shown

Customer:

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

thanks,

Viet - Mac Tech :

, and the app password ***** be all lowercase as shown

Customer:

It is accepted!!!!

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, then open Mail app and see if email is working.

Customer:

This may seem silly but do you mean 'tapping' on the 'front' screen of the i-phone?

Viet - Mac Tech :

press the Home button, then tap on the mail app icon

Viet - Mac Tech :

just check to see if your email is working on the iPhone now.

Customer:

Déjà vu.the screen says Welcome to Mail and then lists options one of which is outlook.I pressed that the last time around and then confused everything by putting my hotmail password ***** of the new app password ***** the system.Am I right in assuming that when I press The Outlook button am

Viet - Mac Tech :

Yes, since you have 2-step verification, you need to use a different app password ***** each device

Customer:

sorry, pressed the wrong button.Do I put the newest app password ***** again?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Where did you see the Outlook button? When adding account?

Customer:

it was when i got to the home screen and pressed the e-mail app

Viet - Mac Tech :

Create another new app password ***** the ipad, then enter it.

Customer:

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

thanks,

Customer:

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, do you have any further question for now?

Customer:

Firstly,thanks very much for your patience.

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome. anything else for now?

Customer:

Yes.If the I-phone asks for my password,will I be using this very latest app password ***** has now been accepted?

Viet - Mac Tech :

It will not ask for password ***** unless you change password

Viet - Mac Tech :

If you change password, you would need to create a new password

Customer:

That is a great relief.Thank you so much and good-bye

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer:

Ok.Excellent is the only way I can describe your service and I will respond in that manner.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Thank you again,

Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response. I do not need help at present but will not hesitate to make use of your services again...Laurence Watson