Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Macbook Pro running Mavericks and am trying to connect

I have a Macbook Pro running Mavericks and am trying to connect to my TV via Apple TV. All was fine but for some reason it is no longer fully functioning. I can show the Mac desk top on the TV and can play audio from iTunes, but as soon as I try to play a movie I get the dreaded spinning wheel which lasts for some time until eventually connection is lost.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

So you have unplugged the Apple TV from power for a few minutes and restarted the computer?

Customer:

I didn't unplug the Apple TV, but I did restart the computer.

Customer:

Also I have the same problem with another mac

Customer:

I will try unplugging the Apple TV and get back to you

Mike the Mac Medic :

OK then do that unplug the Apple TV from power to shut it off there is no on / off switch. Then plug it back in and try again. It sometime needs restarting like a computer

Customer:

That did it. Thanks.

Mike the Mac Medic :

Great!!