Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My photos have all disappeared ! When I click on iphoto this

My photos have all disappeared ! When I click on iphoto this message comes up : The Photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iphoto " so you click on upgrade and this message comes up : you can't open your current photo library using this version of iphoto. You have made changes to your photo library using newer version of iphoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iphoto " so you press the quit button but am still unable to find / access photos !!! HELP !!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can rebuild your iPhoto Library with a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download it from here (just download the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Open iPhoto Library Manager application and rebuild your iPhoto Library with it. After rebuilding, open iPhoto.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Optional : If you want, I can fix your issue remotely for a small additional fee. Let me know if you want to do that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That option didn't work so what now ??

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What didn't work ? Did you try to rebuild the library with iPhoto Library Manager ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. It says it cannot be opened !

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you getting any errors ? If so, what is the exact you are getting ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It said 'The library cannot be loaded because an error occured. The library database could not be loaded.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Goto Macintosh HD > Users > home folder > Pictures folder and can you see your iPhoto Library there ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but I have no idea where to find the Macintosh HD :(

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Macintosh HD is your hard disk. You can find it on desktop or in Finder (in left column). It may have another name like Mac HD, My HD, HDD etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Can we do a remote session ? So I can, with your permssion, connect directly to your Mac and fix it for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much will it cost and will you definatly be able to fix the problem only I can't afford to play around with money at the moment :(

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I can do it for free. To do remote session, on your Mac download and open the remote application from here : http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1a966bba-a1c6-48a6-83e7-6d54c387ebef

If asked for permission to connect, click OK or Accept or Allow or Yes and we will be connected.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok will do that now thanks

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Ok, let me know if you have any difficulty with connecting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cannot connect

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says it cannot connect in DOS mode

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Try this link : https://www.fastsupport.com/198917159
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Issue Resolved via Remote Support :)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Ashik