Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

Hi. I am using iTunes (11.4.0.18) on a Window 7 laptop. I

Hi. I am using iTunes (11.4.0.18) on a Window 7 laptop. I have several Gifts ready to download, but when I try, I get sent to a link which asks me to download the latest version of iTunes. I have done this but it makes no difference'
I can download albums direct from iTunes, but not these gifts.
Are you able to help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
This issue seems strange. Anyhow, first let's double check the version of itunes.
Let's open itunes. You will now find a small box to the top left corner of the itunes followed by a downward pointing arrow. Click on that arrow and choose "show menubar".
Now you will find a menu bar with items such as File, Edit, View, Controls etc. There, click on Help > about itunes
You can find the version there. let me know
Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Vinod

It is definitely 11.4.0.18

Phil

Thank you, Phil.

Let's sign out of itunes and then sign in. Click on the "itunes store" link to the top left corner of itunes. There, your account name will be listed. Click on that and then on "sign out". Then sign in again.

Let's see whether that helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Vinod

I have done as you requested. The iTunes version is still 11.4.0.18 and I am still unable to redeem my gifts - sorry.

Let's uninstall and reinstall itunes.
Go to the control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour. Now, restart the computer and install itunes by going to
www.apple.com/itunes/download
Let's see whether you are able to redeem the gifts now.
Hi Phil,
Did that resolve your issue?
If not, are you redeeming by clicking on the "Redeem now" button from your email OR are you entering a code sent to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and sorry for the delay.

Problems downloading iTunes - it appears that version 11.4.0.18 is the 64 bit computer version.

But have hit another problem - all my email links for the gifts have vanished! Any idea how I can get them back?

Do you not have the links in your email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - but all my outstanding Facebook links are still there!

Should have made it clear before - I had to download the 64 bit version again.

Downloading itunes has no effect on your emails. So may be the links have been accidentally moved to a different location.
Have you checked the other folders in your email? like Trash, spam or other personal folders etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have but nothing found

Just had a thought, though - I have had these links for several weeks - does Apple have a time limit on redeeming these gifts?

No there is not a time limit that I know of. The only limit they have set is You can't redeem purchased gifts outside of the country of purchase. For example, an iTunes Gift purchased in France can't be redeemed in an iTunes Store outside of France.
If you still can't find the gifts in your email, you may ask the sender to send it once again. This link will help them in doing that
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1541
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I hang my head in shame - my email only shows 50 entries at a time - just looked at the second page and there they were!

Have tried to redeem, but I was again re-directed to the download iTunes page.

:(
I believe you are clicking on the "redeem now" button within the email, aren't you?
Let's try it this way. Right click the "redeem now" button and select "copy link".
Now open a notepad, right click and paste. You can find a link like below:
https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/com.apple.jingle.app.fi nance.DirectAction/freeProductCodeWizard?code=################&mt=1
The "#####" represents the redeem code. Make a note of that code.
Now open itunes and go to itunes store. Your email ID will be listed to the top left. Click on it and then on "redeem". Now it will ask you for a code. Enter the code there and try to redeem.
let me know whether that works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked...

Some of the key presses were not exactly as you said, but I worked it out eventually.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Phil

Great to know that, Phil..:)
I am not sure how the link looks like, it was just an assumption. Anyway, good to know that you are able to sort it out.
If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.