Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

we cannot open up any books on our iPad since i drive was loaded

we cannot open up any books on our iPad since i drive was loaded even thought it is turned off .Please could advise what we need to do . Regards Richard
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.
Let me know whether that resolves your issue.
Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that and I am just waiting for it to reset.

It has reset but still cannot open books

Let's try resetting the network settings.
Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings.
Let's see whether that works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I have done that just waiting

okay, let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok have done that and it has made no difference .I do have one concern and that is the button appears to be highlighted for a contract at £39 per month which I did not activate and cannot clear how do we deal with that first of all please

I am not sure what button you meant. Did you mean the clear/cancel button is frozen on that message or something?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a screen that comes up with three contract options one of which has a button with a dot in it for a monthly fee of £39 after you have clicked the weeks free trial button .Do I take it that it only applies if I take the free trial .The page also has your profile on it and come up after each of my replies. What dose then do to fix the problem please

I am sorry, Richard. I don't know how justanswer page looks to a customer. I am sitting at a different part of the globe and the page is different for me. I am not sure how the free trial works and you would need to contact our customer care to know about that
US/Canada 1.888.862.9212
Available 6am to 9pm PST
United Kingdom 0808-189-0970
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that will deal with that later. What should I do please after the re set did not work

Regarding your books, try deleting one book and redownload it.
To delete a book, open iBooks and click on the "select" button at the top. Now choose a couple of books to delete. Then delete them.
Now, download them again from the ibook store. Let's see whether that helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure how to do that from the purchased page and do I then go into i tunes to reload

No need. In the ibooks app itself, you can find a button called "purchased".
Just tap on it and it will take you to the purchases you have made. You would just need to tap on the cloud icon next to it to download them to your ipad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on the purchase page and next to each book it say downloaded. It is greyed out and I have tapped on it and it does nothing .

Have you deleted that book from the library? Only then you would be able to download it again from the purchase page.
There is a tab to the bottom called "my books". Click on it and it should take you to your library. Click on it and you will be able to find your books. Are you able to open them?
If not, click on the "select" button at the top, choose a book and delete it.
Now go to the purchased tab again and try to download that book.
let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that clicked select,Library then select and no books appear .

There is a a drop down box that says PDF I have just opened it and then clicked on books and they all loaded and open. I must presume that my wife have altered the settings !! Everything is now working and thanks for all your help . I feel a little foolish .Once again thanks for your help Regards Richard

Great to know that everything is now wor*****, *****...:)

Have a wonderful day!

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service. Once you rate, I believe it might charge your card.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you service has been excellent thank you.

You are welcome!..:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks and goodnight.

You too!