Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I constantly have problems with charging plugs and cables.

Customer Question

I constantly have problems with charging plugs and cables. I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad 2. I like the cables to be longer than 1 m. I get error messages saying "this device not supported" etc. I would like to know definitively which are correct shaped plugs for each device and where I can get longer cables. Thankyou
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You can use this for the iPhone: Click Here If you do not have one you would want one of these as well for it: Click Here
The iPad uses a different type of cable for one end which you can get here: Click Here

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Apple devices.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does ipad need different charging plug
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
No the plug should work for both only the cable itself is different.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi charging cable you recommended does not work with my phone
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It is made for your model which means something else is the proble, what happens when you try that or another cable?
.