Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

My I pad is not charging right up only charges to 27% -33%

Customer Question

My I pad is not charging right up only charges to 27% -33%?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
This could be the issue with the ipad battery or with the USB cable. Have you tried charging with different USB cables? If you haven't, I would suggest you to try that first.
We can also try some troubleshooting on the ipad. Try a reset first by pressing and holding the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.
If that does not fix the issue, try a restore. Remember, the restore may delete data from your device, so make sure you have backed everything up before going for the restore.
Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Your ipad name would now be listed to the top right of itunes. Click on the ipad name, and now to the middle of the screen, you will find the restore button.
If the restore too does not fix the issue (after trying different USB cables), I am afraid the ipad needs a replacement. You can either take it into any apple store nearby or call apple care to set up a replacement. If your ipad is under warranty (provided there is no water/physical damage), you should get a free replacement.
If the ipad charges fine with a different USB cable, you only need to replace the cable.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank You
Vinod