Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am trying to rebuild my entourage database as after I verified

I am trying to rebuild my entourage database as after I verified it said I should rebuild. I have tried 3 times and each time it reaches 5/5 and gets to the end of the status bar it stops responding. My computer is an imac and I am using microsoft office 2008.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't believe it but while sending question the database build has been successful!!

OK but we should check some things anyway, can you give me that info?
When that happens it may indicate a directory problem on your hard drive and you should check that. If you don't want to do that let me know and I can send this question to customer service. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10.6.8

2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo

2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

OK. Drag any external hard drives to the trash to unmount them and unplug them from the computer. Then open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.