Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

The 'i' key came off my macbook air, and I (some say foolishly)

The 'i' key came off my macbook air, and I (some say foolishly) stuck it back on with superglue. Now it works but only if I press on it harder which makes typing a bit slow. Should I prise it off again and try something else, or take it for repair? If repair, where should I find a repair at a reasonable price? I'm in London.
Thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You would want to take it off again and look at the button underneath the plastic piece, the piece needs to be lined up so when you push it that button is pushed down.
There is sometimes a small metal piece you connect the plastic key to as well, similar to a hinge:

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_www.machinaelectronics.com/library/key_type_k06/image2.jpg

If this broke off or the key can not be lined up to fix it the entire keyboard normally needs to be replaced.
Any local computer or electronics shop would be able to replace it, price depends on their shop rate for labor bigger shops are usually more expensive.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Mac.
.