Josh
Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

how can I get my apple id working again. ther was some problem

Customer Question

how can I get my apple id working again. ther was some problem and the account was frozen and now I can't do anything. do I need to create a new id?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Creating a new email would let you login but everything that you have done with your old Apple ID would be lost so it would probably do more harm than good.

What error message do you get when trying to use your Apple ID?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi i got an email a while ago saying there was an attempt to change email on my id and click hear to if it was not me and to re activate my account but when i clicked on it there was a site not there i have tried loging in but no luck.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Jamie,

It sounds like you were a victim of phishing which means someone has gained access to your account and changed your password.

Please click here ---> https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/wa/iforgot

Please follow the steps and reset your password. Once complete please use the new password