Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My apple is frozen. I have quit all applications. I have also

My apple is frozen. I have quit all applications. I have also powered off and then restarted but with no success.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What exactly is frozen ? Are you using a Mac, iPhone, iPod or iPad ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The problem is with my Mac-I am sending this from my ipad.
On the Mac I can get the normal screen but when I hover the mouse over any of the icons Nothing happens. I cannot even open the apple icon in the top left corner
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it work or not. First reset the PRAM and NVRAM. Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.
  6. Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

If that didn't work, then lets try to boot into Safe Mode. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard. Keep it held down for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac into safe mode. Does it work in Safe Mode ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your first suggestion appears to have worked. Many thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Glad to hear that. It was just a glitch and we cleared the memory to fix it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Ashik