Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I was recently assisted by justanswer in moving from AOL email

I was recently assisted by justanswer in moving from AOL email to gmail. The AOL was losing messages , but now gmail is driving me mad. I am on it through the search engine Thunderbird. . Whenever I read messages on my macbook they are placed in a line on top of the inbox. I can't get back to the list of messages in my inbox to read the next one until I laboriously scroll back through this list , which gets longer and longer as time goes by. Also , whenever I reply to a message, my reply appears in my inbox as a new message to myself, Which adds to a confusion of hundreds of messages . To make matters even worse, my phone is no longer synching with the computer , so when I do manage to erase some of the thousands of messages that now clog everything, they remain on my computer, and I have to laboriously delete them again. Thanks for your help...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there!

Pete :

It sounds as though you have conversation threads turned on in Thunderbird.

Pete :

Thunderbird, by default, assumes all threads with the same subject line are in the same thread. This can be an annoyance, if you would like to disable threading view than follow the steps:

Step 1: Click Inbox
Step 2: Click View from the Top Menu Bar
Step 3: Click Sort
Step 4: Unthreaded (This should be checked/selected)

Step 5: Click View again from the Top Menu Bar
Step 6: Click Threads
Step 7: Click Ignored Threads, (This should be checked/selected)

Pete :

Let me know if that works!

Pete.

Customer:

Fabulous! Thank you!