Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

have oki b430d and it has stopped responding to imac, getting

have oki b430d and it has stopped responding to imac, getting data arrive coming up on printer but nothing prints, have deleted and reinstalled printer but no joy?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is the printer? Have you replaced any parts?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no printer is only 18 months old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you get an extended warranty with it? Normally the warranty only lasts a year.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no warranty

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok one last thing is please try using a different computer, even borrowing a laptop from someone just to test. Let me know if the page comes out blank from that as well.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

printer is working have already tried that and prints fine from laptop

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That changes things a little bit. How is it connected to the iMac? Please try printing this page on the iMac is it blank?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

page doesnt come out when i go to print on imac have tried loading new driver as well and still nothing comes out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok I misunderstood your original question I thought it sent out blank pages. I still need to know, How is it connected to the iMac?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

usb cable

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it connected directly to the iMac or to a router etc to be able to connect to both machines you mentioned? Have you deleted any pending print jobs? Have you run software update? Have you reset the printing system on the Mac?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no pending jobs , connected directly with usb cable, have downloaded driver and reinstalled printer.

reset printing system? Not sure what this is?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I actually meant the apple software update even if you downloaded a driver to install yourself. Asd for the reset it is different on each version of Mac, please check this page for how to do it: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep reset printing system worked thanks for that good job!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yep already have !!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you I appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful day.
.