Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

i upgraded my iPad to iOS 8.1 yesterday but when turning it

i upgraded my iPad to iOS 8.1 yesterday but when turning it on today there is a vertical line below an upward pointing arrow beneath n iTunes icon. the iPad will not start.on on looking at the internet it appears that it will have to be restored but seems that this may lose all stored pictures.For some reason they have not all been backed up to iCloud. How can i get these precious pictures back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
You will have to restore the iPad to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPad, but you can later restore the contents of the iPad to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off
- Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPad) and then click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit or click the Accept button.
If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com
Thank you again,
- Jason
Hello Judy,
May I ask if that worked for you or not?
Thank you kindly,
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

your instructions were clear enough but the screens did not tally with them. however i have restored to factory settings but did not get back the cherished pictures. so not satisfied and not happy to pay 38 pounds for information that should have been on your web site.

Hello Judy,
Our website has a lot of information on it. If you are a subscriber, you can see all of that.
I see that you came to the site and asked for help fixing your iPhone and getting it working. I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied, but I am confused. You asked for help and I gave it to you.
The thing is that once your iPad gets to that point, the only option is to do what I helped you accomplish.
Thank you kindly,
Jason