Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

I am having a problem with my Mac - on start up the4 key chain

I am having a problem with my Mac - on start up the4 key chain seems to have got into a problem. I try resetting it to default but it si not going away. Any thoughts? In the application trying to reset returns a Unix error? Help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

You can reset your keychains by removing the keychain files from your Library folder. To do so, follow these instructions:
1. Click on Finder (happy face icon)
2. From the top menu, choose Go and select Go to folder. Paste this inside and press Go. ~/Library
3. Within the Library folder, locate the Keychains folder
4. Drag all the contents inside that folder into the trash. Do not delete the folder itself
5. Lastly, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in Disk Utility
6. Select Macintosh HD in the left column and then choose Repair permission. After it is complete, restart you computer. When you log back in, it will ask you to enter your login keychain password. Enter you Admin password ***** it will store it.

Michelle :

Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if the above solution resolved your issue. If not, I can provide additional assistance.