Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

hi jason , i thought id lost my ipad 2 went onto icloud to find it under the sofa . how

Customer Question

hi jason , i thought id lost my ipad 2 went onto icloud to find it under the sofa . howevere when I connected my ipad to my mac i think i inadvertently downloaded an older version . i cannot play any songs previously downloaded onto the ipad I can on my mac . when i try to play a song the cover and the name of the song flash up for a second at the top of the screen . Then dissapaers i know in the application paper53 some drawings have dissapered as well. I have also noticed that the ipad apple id shown in tools is an old internet address i no longer use . can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Have you tried restoring the ipad to factory settings?
Let's try that. Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad to the computer. Your ipad name would now be listed in itunes. Click on the ipad name and now, to the middle of the screen, you would see the "restore ipad" option.
After the restore, it will ask you whether to restore from a backup or to set it up as new. If you have any backup you would like to restore, select the restore from backup option, else go with setting it up as new. Setting it up as new would delete everything on the ipad and you would need to sync everything again.
Let's see whether that resolves your issue. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i had already tried the restore Vinod , retsored the ipad from a different back up no difference . when i try and play a song the cover image of the record flashes up on the ipad and then dissapears .

if as you suggest i restore from new i am afraid i will loose all my aps that are just on my Ipad. You say i would need to sync everything again from where .

take for example paper53 if I have changed the password ***** i first got the app what will i need to do to get that back

Don't worry, Andrew. None of your apps would be lost as they are all mapped to your apple id. However, the data in the apps may be lost unless they are icloud.

Anyway, let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether that resolves your issue.

Are you having problems only with playing the songs?

Also, I read from your question that you might have inadvertently selected an older backup. Have you tried choosing a different backup to try with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem i have is that i dont have an up to date back up .

I think that the main issue is that when I have done the restore it asks me for my a old apple d which i i havent used for 4 years everytime i switch on the ipad it asks for this info.

Do i have to reset the ipda to install a new apple id . I suspect it will be easier to get a new ipad .

l

You can always change the apple ID. I believe you may have first set up the ipad using your old apple id as icloud. That could be one of the reasons.
Let's check some settings.
Let's go to settings > itunes and app stores. What ID is listed there? the old one or the new one?
Also, go to settings > icloud. What id is listed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the old apple id

Let's sign in to the new id.
go to settings > icloud. Scroll down until you see "delete account". Once you delete it, sign in using your new id.
Similarly, go to settings > itunes and app stores. Tap on the old id, sign out and sign in using your id.
Now check whether you are able to play the songs.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no still cant play songs

i have gone into the the music icon and i have some albums some cover pictures have dissapeared when i click on the album it shows all the songs and the ones i have purchased . if i try to play a song by selecting it the title flashes up in the play bar and then dissaperas .

i give up

simplest solution buy new ipad

download every month

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the ipad. I would suggest you to go with a restore and set it up as new. In most cases, that should resolve your issue (unless it is a hardware or a hard software issue)
let me know