Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

How do I fix my new ipad which is disabled?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Is your ipad now saying "ipad disabled, connect to itunes"?
Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it is to restore the ipad to factory settings.
Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad to the computer. Now, on the ipad, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the ipad now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank You
Vinod
PS: If required, I can send you a link to remote into your computer and fix the issue for you (there is no extra cost for this). Or I can call/skype you for an extra charge of USD 7. Let me know if any of these additional services is required.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I got the apple logo and held the home button for 15 secs but no message came up. If it will do the job then please send the link to my Windows 7 computer.

Thanks,

Ralph

What do you see on the ipad screen? Is it now showing a USB cable and an itunes logo?

To start a remote session, please use the following link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e3b31cb6-5972-4c54-9e08-4dbda95f6b18

It will download a software to your computer. Open it and click on "Run" and we will be connected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I now hve the itunes and the USB on the ipad screen

The ipad is now going through the restore process. Let's wait until it completes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think I gave you a good mark even though the problem was not completely solved.
Ralph
Yes, the feedback had already been given.
Vinod