Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm trying to attach a document from my desktop to an email

Customer Question

I'm trying to attach a document from my desktop to an email and it won't attach. When I go about it in the usual way ( clicking attach, desktop, the folder) it gives me the option to open the folder but not to attach it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I have a question or two to ask before we can begin.

Who is your e-mail provider (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc)?
-- When you type the full address on this site, it is blocked.
-- What comes after the @ sign?
Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jason!
It's gmail, through Thunderbird
Thank you for the update, Elizabeth.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://www.JasonFixedIt.com/elizabeth
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been communicating with you from my iPhone . I'm having trouble getting logged in as I don't have a record of my password ***** They said they would send me a temporary one when I clicked forgot password, but I haven't received anything
Now I am confused.
On the Mac, are you able to go to the remote page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jason,

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get back to you. I was unable to login to Justanswer, but I think I'm there now. I've been drowning in so many problems, I don't know where to begin! Can I start again with a problem that has become more urgent?

I have been trying to organise my VAT expenses the way I normally do, by sorting them into folders for each quarter. I spent hours doing that the day before yesterday. When I went back to find what I had done. It seems to be scrambled up everywhere on the computer, and I can't find anything. Is this some thing I've done wrong, or is my computer broken in some way. It seems to be working in every other respect.

Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth,
Thank you for the update.
Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jason ! I can , now, can you?

x

Elizabeth

Yes, I can do it now.
Sorry for the wait.
I will be here for the rest of the day.