Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have recently downloaded the ios8 upgrade and since then

I have recently downloaded the ios8 upgrade and since then have been unable to get access to the internet. I have followed all instructions available to me in settings but it will not connect to the home hub. My PC and laptop still work ok on the WI FI but nothing on my ipad mini.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Chris! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, and see if you can connect to your wireless network name.

If that does not work, please disconnect the power cord from your homehub modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect and check.

If it still does not work, please let me know the full error message when connecting the ipad to your wireless network name.

Please reply back. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Keeps coming back with enter the password ***** my hub system.It's trying to connect but won't. I want to repeat that this problem started with the latest ios update.

Sorry, when it won't connect, does it give any error or message?

If you enter the wrong password, does it give the same error message? Or different?

Do you know your exact wireless password/key?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No only that it wont connect - has my account been suspended?

Same error message if I put in wrong password.

Wireless key password ***** and double checked.

No, Wi-Fi does not involve any account. So you go to Settings -> Wi-Fi , and select/connect to your network name, and it won't connect.

How did you check the wireless key? At the back/bottom of the modem/router? Maybe you had changed the default wireless key/password *****?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My computer has windows 8

Wireless modem is a BT Homehub 2

The wireless key has the words password ***** the back of the router - then gives a series of numbers and digits. It's the password ***** the ipad keeps asking for, although I have tried the wireless pin number and wireless key.

The windows 8 computer is wireless right? (i.e., the windows 8 computer is not connected to the BT Homehub device with a cable.)

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's right, all is wireless

Thank you. Please confirm the wi-fi/wireless password/key on the windows 8 computer:

- Go to the Desktop screen mode

, then right-click on the wireless/network icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Network and Sharing Center,

(Or go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center)

, then on the right of Connections, click on your wireless network name there

, then click on Wireless Properties button

, then click on the Security tab at the top

, then click on the box Show characters

, then it will show the Network security key (it is case-sensitive)

, then try that key on the iPad.

Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still comes up enter password ***** Bt Home Hub2.

Does not connect

Sorry, you got the key/password ***** the computer right?

Does it say "Unable to connect" or something else on the iPad?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Keeps coming back with enter the password *****

Repeat - this is only since the update that this has happened.

Sorry, yes, I know that this is after the iOS update. Usually, there is no issue with update, but once in a while, it does cause some issues.

Can you go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings, and confirm reset, then check.

Also, note if you see the Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen when the iPad is being restarted.

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reset completed, Apple logo and progress bar underneath both worked.

Clicked on Safari - it say select a wireless network

Sorry, don't click on Safari yet until Wi-Fi is connected. Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, and connect to your network name and check.

If that does not work, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on the modem/router directly through the computer together with you? With the new iOS update, you may need to adjust a compatibility setting on the modem/router.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's now coming up incorrect password ***** should I change to the wireless key number

No, do not change anything yourself as you may cause the wireless to stop working on the computer also. Did you do the following in order to confirm your exact wireless network name and exact wireless key/password:

- Go to the Desktop screen mode

, then on the right of Connections, click on your wireless network name there (note your exact wireless network name)

, then click on the box Show characters

, then try that key for the Wi-Fi password ***** the iPad.

Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got it- so whats happened, the last instruction is exactly the same as the one you gave me previously,is this problem likely to re-occur?

Great. No, it was just a temporary glitch right after the update. Once connected, it will be connected forever from now on (unless you disconnect.) And if there is still any issue later, you can always get back to me. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,

Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.