Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Please can you help me. When I bought this IPad several years

Please can you help me. When I bought this IPad several years ago my son put his password ***** the Apps icon. I have never been able to access it because he kept his password ***** It is mounting up now, 11messages are I my App Store. Please canyou help me undo this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

The 11 messages are indications that their are updates available. If you just want to get rid of the numbers, you can disable it in notifications. To do this,
1. Tap on Settings and Choose Notifications.
2. Scroll down and select App Store. Turn off "Allow Notifications"

Updates are very important and contribute to an enhanced user experience. I recommend Setting up your own Apple ID and password ***** you can install updates and download Apps of your choice. To create a free Apple ID, use this link. (It will open up in a new window) https://appleid.apple.com/account . Once you have successfully created your Apple ID, enter it into your iPad.
1. Click on Settings and choose iTunes & App store
2. Tap on your old Apple ID (your son's email) choose Sign Out
3. It will then changed to Sign In. Tap that and enter your newly created Apple ID and Password

Please let me know if you run into any issues.