Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPad mini may have been hacked, is there any way I can find

My iPad mini may have been hacked, is there any way I can find out and if necessary clean it out?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What makes you think that your iPad has been hacked ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got an email from a cousin asking me to read some documents. To read them I had to go onto a Google site giving my Aol password, the site opened but was blank. My cousin now tells me that he had been hacked. I have changed my aol password ***** blocked my bank accounts by phone. I would now like to have my iPad checked and cleaned.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
What version of iOS are you using ? You can check it from Settings > General > About
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
7.1.2 (11D25)
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Arthur, it is not possible to hack an iPad unless you jailbroken it. Did you Jailbreak it ? To know that, do you have an app named Cydia on it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I don't have Cydia. Does that mean I am safe?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Aruthur, it is not possible to hack an iPad via websites. Apple's iOS operating system is very secure and unless you jailbreak it, it is not possible to hack it via websites. Someone need to have physical access to your iPad to hack it, but only by jailbreaking it.

If there is no Cydia, then it is not jailbroken.

As long as it is not jailbroken, you don't have to worry. Also, I'd recommeend to update iOS 8. You can update it from Settings > General > Software Update.

Or you can update it from iTunes on your computer. Get iTunes from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/downloate

Upgrading to latest version of iOS will make your iPad invulnerable to security threats.

Not sure what happened when you visited that website and provided the password. Believe me, your iPad is safe since it is not jailbroken. Now one can hack your iPad using websites. The websites can't access the system files of your iPad, so they can't infect it with spyware or viruses.

Again, update your iPad to latest iOS versions and you will be safe. Now, to make sure there is nothing on your iPad you can reset some settings. Goto Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Then goto Settings > Safari and tap Clear History, Cookies etc

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.