Sorting a Numbers database alphabetically can be confusing for someone who is used to Microsoft Excel! -
Tap on the column that you want to sort so that you see the sizing bar above the table. Then tap on the sizing bar to select the column. Then tap on the bar again. This will bring up Cut, Copy, Paste , etc. One of the options will be Sort... Then just pick the direction you want to sort in.
To produce address labels using Numbers and Pages:
1) Open Pages
2) Open an Envelope template from the Word Processing group
3) select the menu item "Edit > Mail Merge" to start the merge process
4) select whether to take merge data from a Numbers document or the address book
5) map how the fields in a contact map to the fields on the envelope by exposing the merge fields
6) merge to a new document for your review before printing
You have already gone and rated my service as BAD! :(
I was trying to help....
OK so what do I do now? Sit on my computer and wait for you to e
I am still unable to do what I want from the answer I got.
I rated it bad, not directed at you personally, but because my problem warn solved.
I am really sorry about that, it wasn’t my intention at all but I have paid £29, with no apparent way of getting that back, and I am no further forward than I was. If you can tele how to do that I would be very happy to change my rating.
The things you suggested just don’t appear as options on my computer. I am fairly computer literate but it has me beaten.
Thank you for the offer but I do not want to spend any more.