Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

On my e-mails, I can receive from all, but when sending / replying,

Customer Question

On my e-mails, I can receive from all, but when sending / replying, only manx.net addresses are accepted, hot mail, etc comes up as not accepted by the server
Category: Mac
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 2 years ago.
arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

My name is Fiyaz

arsufi2002 :

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

arsufi2002 :

I am sorry for you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

arsufi2002 :

Do you access mail using any application like outllook, Thunderbird etc or use web browser ?

arsufi2002 :

If you are using web application please let me know the incoming and outgoing server details with its port number

arsufi2002 :

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : Incoming Mail Server
JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : Incoming Mail Server is, Host name. mailplusin.manx.net. Out going Mail Server. SMTP. Mailplusout.manx.net
arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Sir, you didn't mentioned the email client used for receiving mail

arsufi2002 :

Also, are you working on Windows Operating System. If so kindly share the Windows OS version(Win 7 / 8)

arsufi2002 :

waiting for your reply

arsufi2002 :

Are you there now

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : Hi, I am using an Apple I-Pad Air, so it is not Windows
arsufi2002 :

I am sorry i am not a Mac expert. I shall switch to Mac expert

arsufi2002 :

Meanwhile i want you to check the following settings on Ipad

arsufi2002 :

Incoming server address : mailplusin.manx.net

arsufi2002 :

Outgoing server : mailplusout.manx.net

arsufi2002 :

Tick box alongside 'My server requires Authentication'

arsufi2002 :

Tick box alongside 'Incoming Mail: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)

arsufi2002 :

Please update status

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Have you checked above settings on ipad

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : Hi, I have switched on the incoming (SSL) on the Authentication I have four items, first line is Password ***** is ticked, second line readsMD5 Challenge-Response, third line reads, HTTP MD5 Digest, and fourth line reads NTLM
arsufi2002 :

keep default

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : Have just tried to send a reply to an e-mail I received and the address is still rejected by the server, the recipient was a "Hotmail" address
arsufi2002 :

can you check if you can send to other mail ids

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : I have a list in my outbox of various addresses that get rejected, I have no problem sending to a "manx.net" address
arsufi2002 :

Can you check the port number set for outgoing mail

arsufi2002 :

Is it 587

arsufi2002 :

If not set to port 587 and see if that solves issue

arsufi2002 :

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : Have tried to change port number but it automatically returns to 143 and the SSL keeps returning to the off
arsufi2002 :

Hope you have done this way

arsufi2002 :

1. Open Mail.

2. From the Mail menu, choose Preferences.

3. In the Preferences window, click the Accounts button if it is not already selected.

4. In the Accounts list, if you have multiple accounts, click your email account.

5. Click the Server Settings button near the bottom of the pane.

arsufi2002 :

Full Size Image

arsufi2002 :

or

arsufi2002 :

Full Size Image

arsufi2002 :

Please check it and reply status

arsufi2002 :

I shall move your question to question bank. I think you need MAC expert help you still can't set the port number

arsufi2002 :

Please updates status

arsufi2002 :

JACUSTOMER-pyex8zb7- : I am not getting the screen that you show, I'm afraid that this has become a waste of time
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am quite happy to hang on for someone who can help, it's just that the previous Expert couldn't help as he admitted that he didn't know the apple-mac
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me the exact error message you get from the server?