Josh
Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Hi Mike, We've lost the outlook password ***** and after frequent

Hi Mike, We've lost the outlook password ***** and after frequent wrong tries , outlook have cancelled it on security grounds. I know I should have had more sense than to lose it again! I'nm typing this on my laptopbut will now go over to my husband's im ac which is where the problem lies.

I do have a MS recovery code AND a link to another e-mail which they accepted but they are insisting on more for 2-step identification. I wish I hadn't opted for that.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I am going to give you steps to a private forum that is checked by Outlook/Hotmail moderators that can assist you in real time.

First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you create the new address do the following.

Go to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can.

Here is the link to the forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you for this. By tomorrpw morning, the flu which currently his me will hopefully have abated and I will be able to put this intp practice., not forgetting to rate you. Regards, Jill

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, Jill.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josh, I'mstill having difficulties in getting the change sorted. Could I ask you to take control for me?

(I was awake most of the night with this flu.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Jill,

I am sorry to hear about the flu! I can take control of your computer but it is an additional charge. (I am sending that offer right now) If you decide to accept that offer, please reply back with a time this evening or weekend that you are available.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How about 5 pm?

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jill,

I apologize - Are you available between 2-4pm Eastern Time tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josh, Sorry I haven't got back to you. We tried over and over but couldn't get through the jumbled letters. Maybe I will have better luck this time!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josh, nI am now on antibiotics so will hopefully improve. I hope I've also quit the extra application you were talking abourt.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josh, Sorry for not replying earlier. The flu swamped me completely.

I did try to use the forums but had difficulty with the hotmail accounts