Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

i cannot connect my IPad 2 to the internet via my router. this

i cannot connect my IPad 2 to the internet via my router. this is was ok up to yesterday. Connection via mac mini ok.Please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

The first step to troubleshooting your issue is to reset your Network Settings on your iPad. To do this,
1. Tap on Settings> General> Reset> Choose Reset Network Settings
When your iPad boots back up again, tap on Settings> Wifi. Choose your wireless network and enter the password.

Michelle :

Please let me know if the above steps does not resolve your issue so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer:

where is reset button?

Michelle :

Tap on Settings. Within Settings choose General. If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see reset

Michelle :

Tap on reset and choose Reset Network Settings

Customer:

have scrolled down. only details of ipad with info starting with name and finishing at legal. Where am I going astray.

Michelle :

I see, you selected About. Click on the blue General button in the upper left corner to get back to general. Then scroll all the way down to Reset

Customer:

Apologies. Jumped a step .Have now found reset etc.carried out reset.

Michelle :

Okay. Once your iPad boots back up, Tap on settings and choose Wifi. Select your network and then enter your password

Customer:

OK have done

Michelle :

Now open Safari and go to google.com to see if it will connect

Customer:

OK .All is well. Many thanks. Will remember this for future. Regards.

Michelle :

You are so very welcome. Enjoy your Holidays

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.