Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I was normaly reciving e-mail without any problems however

Customer Question

I was normaly reciving e-mail without any problems however then everything disapeard.
I still have the icon but when pressing that I do not see my e-mail account.
How can I recover that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this on the iPad: press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

If that does not work, please go to Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then add your email account.

If all fails, please let me know what email you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None of this implementaions worked.We are using gmail

Sorry, is there any error or message? Can you open App Store app icon, then type/search for Gmail, then download and install the Gmail app, then open the Gmail app, then sign in your gmail email address in the Gmail app and use the Gmail app for your gmail email?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can not open apple store!

Sorry, what happens when you open the app icon called App Store?

When you try my steps previously to press & hold both the Home and Power buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds, did you see the small apple logo appear in the middle of the screen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When pressing the Apple store icon the message is:Cannot Connect to App Store

When press & hold Home and Power the Apple logo appeared.

Please try: go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings, and confirm reset. Then go to Settings, Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Settings made and Apple store is now open and updates received but e-mail account no change.

Since App store is working now, did you do this: Open App Store app icon
, then type/search for Gmail
, then download and install the Gmail app
, then open the Gmail app
, then sign in your gmail email address in the Gmail app
, and use the Gmail app for your gmail email.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will have to come back to you in 1 hour if that is OK

Sorry, I'll be offline by then, but you can reply back to me any time, and do not wait for me, then I'll reply/email back to you as soon as possible when I'm back as my computer.

If my last suggestion does not work, please see if you can sign in your gmail at the website http://www.gmail.com/
; if there is password ***** login issue at that website, please reset your gmail password ***** the website https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Please let me know any time. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The message which I recive is that the gmail address is alredy added but when I press Mail I only recive this message:

Velcome to mail and then a list of

iClud,Exchange,Google,Yahoo.Aol,Outlook.com,Other

Awaiting your recomendations

Sorry, go to Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your Gmail account, if it's there, then delete it for now
, then go to Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then Add account, then select Google option, and enter your gmail account information then check.

- If that does not work, delete the gmail account again, if it's still there, but do not add it again

, then open App Store app icon
, then type/search for Gmail
, then open the Gmail app

Please let me know. Thank you.