Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I changed my email password ***** on my desktop. Since then

I changed my email password ***** on my desktop. Since then I have not been able to send emails from my apple ipad. Today I contacted Orange (my service provider) to see if they could help me . He gave me all the settings information which I have checked but I must have pressed something I shouldn't have because now I cant get my emails, just a list of search engines when I go into my emails
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your iPad, goto Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your email account. Then delete it.

Then goto Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Then goto Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add your email account back. That will re-establish the connection with your email account.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ashik, Ive done as you said and put all the info back in but It says it is not making a connection with the server and to check my connection and ensure I put the correct information in. As far as I can see I have put the correct info in. When I press next it says this account may not send or receive emails and gives the option to edit or save. Ive edited and it looks ok to me.

Ann

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Who is your email provider ? or what is the address that comes after @ part of your email ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

creagan50.freeserve.co.uk

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Can you verify the settings one more time ? See the settings below;

• Email server: POP3
  • POP server (incoming): pop.orangehome.co.uk
  • POP incoming port: 110
  • SMTP server (outgoing): smtp.orangehome.co.uk
  • Outgoing SMTP port: 25 (If 25 didn't work, then try 587)
  • Use secure connection (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL): no
  • Authentication: none (if that didn't work, then select Authentication as password)

Any luck ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ashik ,thank you so much for your help. Ive got my emails back and tried sending some to my son and to myself. 2 of them came back as undelivered and the mails dont make the usual whishing noise when they go. What do you think? Should it be okay now? Ann

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
They are supposed to be sent unless they are wrong email address. Change the outgoing (SMTP) port to 587

Secure connection or SSL = No

Server require authentication = Yes and choose Password ***** Authentication

Username = your full email address.

Try with that and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

changed it to 587 and send a photo from my ipad to my emails. was taking a long time so changed setting back to 25 and it delivered. Think I will leave it at 25 for now. The whooshing noise when email is sent seems to have gone. Any reason for that?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Not sure about that Ann. Sorry. But I'm glad it worked for you. You may need to change the port to 587 if you want to send emails from another WiFi network or mobile network.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Ashik