Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

hi viet I asked for help a moment ago about my I 4 where I

Customer Question

hi viet I asked for help a moment ago about my I 4 where I need to take it back to factory settings but have forgotton my password ***** the email apple id no longer exists, anne
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hello Anne
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Have you already restored it to factory settings? And did you mean it is now asking the password ***** your old apple ID? Are you not able to skip it?
Or is it the 4 digit passcode that you forgot?
Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no its not back to factory settings. to reset it is asking for password ***** old apple id. I don't rememberit

Thank you, Anne.
You can try to reset the password ***** answering some security questions. Have you tried that option? If not, please go to the following website from your computer
http://iforgot.apple.com
Enter your apple Id there and click on Next. Now try to reset the password ***** answering the security questions.
If that too does not work, you would need to get in touch with the itunes store as they are the ones authorized to view your apple ID and reset the password.
You can go to the following website
http://www.apple.com/uk/support/itunes/contact/
Click on "contact itunes store support" link to the middle of the screen. Now click on "password ***** security questions". Now click on "lost or forgotten password". Now you will get the options to get in touch with the itunes store - such as schedule a call, email or chat (the options depends on the availability).
Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but neither answers helped. The biggest problem is the email Apple id no longer exists so all email links sent to reset password ***** help.
Haven't you tried contacting the iTunes store support? They will be able to reset the password ***** You just need to give them a working email id so that all the communications will happen through that id.
Try calling the apple care and ask them to contact the iTunes store on your behalf.
United Kingdom
0844(###) ###-####or
0800(###) ###-####
Let me know