Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

i have recently updated my iPad to 8.1.1 but ever since then,

i have recently updated my iPad to 8.1.1 but ever since then, every time i what to go into anything that needs a password ***** EBay, banking etc I have to laboriously enter the signing in details and cannot store them. Can you advise a solution and the charge you make for advice
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Johnny Mack :

Hello there! Please follow these steps to fix your ipad

Johnny Mack :

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.

4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.

5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.

6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present

Customer: Done all you say. No alert from iTunes just the Apple icon came up and now normal to slide to operate ipad
Johnny Mack :

Sometimes it take two or three tries it must be turned off not just reset. Make sure to do everything exactly as stated.

Customer: I no this is stating the obvious but double checking!! The power button at top right of ipad isn't it? Home button, round white one at the bottom centre. Re power button , after 3 seconds take my finger off it and then hold the two together for 10 seconds yes? What will the iTunes alert look like when it comes up? Can I come back to you or is that £13 spent?
Customer: My computer is a new MacBook Pro by the way
Johnny Mack :

I am still here dont worry and itunes should say there is a ipad that needs to be restored

Johnny Mack :

you can restore it through itunes as welll it just better to do it the other way

Johnny Mack :

if for some reason the chat says we ran out of time dont worry ill still be here we will just be on a posting style sit instead of chat

Customer: Thanks.nwill now have another go
Johnny Mack :

ok ill be here

Customer: The iPad shows the connector for the iPad and above it the iTunes red symbol. On my MacBook the iTunes icon jumped and it is asking me to restore my iPad to factory settings
Johnny Mack :

there we go say yes and just wait a couple of minutes shouldnt take to long

Customer: Will I lose data on my iPad? Why has it done this? Just because of the OS update??
Johnny Mack :

The update wasnt installed correctly permissions were not granted to the apps

Johnny Mack :

you should not lose your data as everything is backed up on icloud and itunes ( itunes makes a backup everytime you connect your ipad to your macbook
)

Customer: Have you gone? Wanted to ask another question!!
Johnny Mack :

I am still here

Johnny Mack :

:)

Customer: Thanks Johnny. Just on my Mac Book Pro just bought the E Mails don't keep up to date. The iPad always gets new e mails immediately but the Mac book is very spasmodic!!
Customer: Oh bugger you've gone!!
Johnny Mack :

Still here

Johnny Mack :

Ok I can answer that one too but i need you to rate me first

Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Johnny are you still there. Just paid a tip and another £13