Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Johnny still there?

Johnny still there?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Johnny Mack :

I am but when you oepned the new question i couldnt reply to the old one

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : Was that right paying another £13?? Anyway do you want the question again?
JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : Have you gone?
Johnny Mack :

Yes please and tell me who is your email provider

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : *****@******.*** or *****@******.***
Johnny Mack :

oh that just came out x'd out

Johnny Mack :

can you tell me what it is says after the @ sign

Johnny Mack :

sir?

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : live.co.uk or @me.com
JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : Thanks for the 'sir' !!
Johnny Mack :

or ma'am sorry it didnt say your name:(

Johnny Mack :

ok and your not able to send or receive any emails on either of these accounts

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : No I'm a sir but it's so polite😃
Johnny Mack :

Your welcome :)

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : E mails come in but they have been showing on the iPad and iPhone long before they got to the MacBook. I've tried take all accounts offline as they say (don't understand it though) and then get new mail but nothing happens
Johnny Mack :

Oh ok well what we are gonna do is reset apple mail completely. Then attempt to re add the email accounts one at a time waiting each time for each account to finish syncing

Johnny Mack :

Quit Mail.

In the Finder, hold down the option key and select

Go ▹ Library

from the menu bar. Move the following items from the folder that opens to the Trash (some may not exist):

• Caches/com.apple.mail

• Saved Application State/com.apple.mail.savedState

• Application Support/AddressBook/MailRecents-v4.abcdmr

• Containers/com.apple.mail

• Mail

• Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

• Preferences/com.apple.mail.searchhistory.plist

Johnny Mack :

If thats too complicated i can remotely connect and do it for you at no extra charge

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : forgive me for being dense, I'm a novice!! Option key is where in Finder?
Johnny Mack :

That would be on your keyboard

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : 00h Remote Control it please!
Johnny Mack :

ok one minute please.

Johnny Mack :

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b7b18ba9-de22-4be7-8bbd-a48498f3b705&Type=Java

Johnny Mack :

open the link above agree to the terms

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : Have only had Microsoft before so it's a completely different language. For knowledge where is the option key and where is the delete key? I can not delete so far using the back arrow! Anyway, remote me!
Johnny Mack :

and i will be able to connect

JACUSTOMER-uhjmjek0- : Can't click on it to open. Should it be opened on Mac book? If so can you e mail it there?
Johnny Mack :

It should be on the macbook

Johnny Mack :

try this one instead

Johnny Mack :

i cant send you a email cause the system blocks it

Johnny Mack :

but i am gonna switch to post so you can click the link

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
ok the above is automated response use the link below
you can also highlight the link and drag it to your address bar
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Had to type the link in manually to MacBook as your e mail not there yet but on iPad. Agreed and clicked download but says
What did it say , sir? Your message got cut off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It say something about Elsinore which can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from Mac store.........my head hurts😃😃
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is more to type re Elsinore
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still there
yes please follow these steps
Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and choose System Preferences.
Next, click on Security & Privacy icon.
To edit the security setttings, you must first click the padlock icon in the bottom left of the window.
You will be asked to confirm your Mac credentials, just enter them and hit Unlock.
On the following screen, you'll see the options for "Allow applications downloaded from", you need to click on the "Anywhere" radio button, once you click that you will see a confirmation window, click on "Allow From Anywhere".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Padlock opened. Do I need to go to Advanced now?
It should be on the same window saying something along the lines of allow applications downloaded from: then some options
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There's no following screen!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apps downloaded from either Apple Store, Mac App Store and identified developers or Anywhere are the options
anywhere is what we would select
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you remotely control my Mac now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Think you've gone
Yes just open the file and i can connect i still ahve the connection oepn on my side . Sorry i took so long had to take an urgent family call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anywhere has been selected and padlock opened
ok do you still have the link from earlier? We will need that to be opened on your macbook then you will be able to let me connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now I have had to download Java for Mac os x which seems to have downloaded. Can you do anything yet?
i cant until that file is opened sir :(
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Typed in the link again and it has asked me to download the Remote Desktop client file again which I have already done!! Think I'm close to calling it a day!!
We need to open that file then i can connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hang on
ok i still have the remote program open no worries also if you want to take a break thats fine too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that familiar with MacBook as you can gather but if I have successfully downloaded Java does it keep asking me to download the Remote Desktop Client File again? Am I missing something obvious??
once that file is done it should open on its own. Do you knwow hat folder its saving to? if you didnt change it then its your documents or downloads folder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's in the download folder. I've had enough now. Thanks very much for your help. Nothing's straightforward is it?!!
Sorry we couldn't get it working sir. I know once that we did you issue would of been resolved in a couple minutes. Like i said we can always try later please remember to rate my response so i can keep the question open.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there Johnny?
yes i am
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Installed Java which shows in the download folder then when I go to 'join your Remote Desktop session page you still have to click on 'download thremote desktop client file again. Just go round in circles. Is there something else I can do? Is it something to do with Yosemite??