Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My Mac was originally 10.5.8 - recently I have upgraded first

Customer Question

My Mac was originally 10.5.8 - recently I have upgraded first to 10.6.8 - then to 10.10.1
Originally I had Parallels 3.On Saturday I installed Parallels 7,which worked,but will no longer work on 10.10.1. I therefore downloaded an upgrade to Parallels 10 as recommended
All goes well until I am asked for an Activation Code - but I haven't got one
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The Parallels 7 Activation code will not work on Parallels 10. You have to buy Parallels 10 Activation code. You can buy Parallels 10 for Mac from here : http://buy.parallels.com/329/purl-pd10f?x-source=site&x-locale=us

You have to buy the Parallels 10 for $79.99

You are not eligible for the Parallels upgrade price $49.99 since that is available only for Parallels 8 or later users.

After buying Parallels 10, you will get the activation code via email. Use that code to activate Parallels.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was offered a free upgrade - I did not want an upgrade - Parallels 7 worked until I upgraded the operating system to Yosemity - when I was offered an upgrade - and when I checked my friend with Parallels is still using parallels 7 having had the Yosemite upgrade to his computer - admittedly not as old as mine

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Yosemite is a free upgrade from Apple, but Parallels 10 isn't. Parallels 7 is not officially supported on Yosemite. See here : http://kb.parallels.com/en/121895

There are some compatibility issues with Yosemite and Parallels 7.

I'd recommend you to upgrade to Parallels 10 if you want to use it with Yosemite without any problems. I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but the problem is with Parallels 7 as it is not designed to work on Yosemite. Upgrading to Parallels 10 is the recommended solution from Parallels.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At least I now have parallels working

Many thanks for your help

David

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You're most welcome :)