Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I have taken over my wife's I pad when I got her an I pad mini.

I have taken over my wife's I pad when I got her an I pad mini. So we now are on the same Apple id and I cloud etc and any app I download she also gets on her I pad. What do I need to do to separate the machines;
New Apple ID?
New I cloud?
Brian
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Techie_Ben :

Hi Brian. Yes, in order to separate your apps and messages from hers, you will want to set up a new Apple ID and enter the account in a few places.

Techie_Ben :

First, go to Settings -> iCloud, scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap "Sign Out", then sign back in with your own ID

Techie_Ben :

Next go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store, and select the ID at the top of the screen and tap "Sign Out", then sign in with your new ID.

Techie_Ben :

Once that is done, go to Settings -> Messages, and go to "Send & Receive". Remove any addresses belonging to the old account, and add your new Apple ID so messages sent to your account can be received

Techie_Ben :

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.