Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

My iPad was working perfectly until two days ago. Although

My iPad was working perfectly until two days ago. Although it recognises my network, when I open my Mailbox it responds "Cannot Get Mail".
I have tried to change my Yahoo Mail settings. The Yahoo account name is ***** ***** when I insert my correct Yahoo Password ***** get the following message "The IMAP server "apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.
I cannot find anywhere to check the Incoming Mail Server.
Grateful for your help.
Chris Davey
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

The first step in troubleshooting your issue is to figure out if your connectivity issue only occurs in the mail app. Can you Open Safari on your iPad and type in google.com

Customer:

Safari cannot open because it could not connect to the server

Michelle :

Thanks for confirming. The next step is to reboot your iPad. This will not erase any of your data

Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 45 secs or until the connect to itunes logo appears. (Continue to hold when you see the apple logo.) The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad.

Michelle :

Full Size Image
Correction: The apple logo will just appear, not the itunes logo

Michelle :

When your iPad boots back up again, open Safari and go to google.com

Michelle :

Were you able to restart your iPad?

Customer:

am having some difficulty in locating the right buttons!

Michelle :

Okay, lets reset your Network settings instead. You will need to re-connect to your wireless network. Do you know the password ***** your wifi network?

Michelle :

If you do know your network password,
1. Tap on Settings
2. Choose General
3. Scroll all the way down and tap Reset
4. Tap Reset Network Settings

Customer:

The Apple logo appeared briefly but after more than a minute nothing else happened

Michelle :

Your iPad should now boot up. When it does, open safari and go to google.com

Customer:

The apple logo appeared briefly then disappeared, but afet a minute nothing else happened

Michelle :

Has your iPad started back up again?

Michelle :

Is your iPad back on?

Customer:

I cannot yet restart my ipad

Michelle :

Okay, try this option. You will need to re-enter your wifi password ***** please make sure you know it

1. Tap on Settings
2. Choose General
4. Tap Reset Network Settings

Customer:

so far so good

Michelle :

Good! When your iPad starts back up again,
1. Tap on Settings
2. Choose Wifi
3. Select your wireless network and enter the password

Customer:

done

Michelle :

Now Open safari and go to google.com. Does it load?

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

Now open your Mail app

Customer:

and my mail seem also to be working

Customer:

many thanks

Michelle :

Yay! You are up and running again. You are so very welcome. Happy Holidays

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not need any more assistance since my IPad is working perfectly.
I cannot see how the rating as entered has gone on record.
I certainly WOULD NOT HAVE RATED YOUR SERVICE AS " BAD SERVICE"
Your service was EXCELLENT.
AND I AM EXTREMELY HAAPYY TO RECOMMEND YOUR SERVICES TO ANONE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,
There must have been an error with the site when you submitted your rating. Thank you so much for your kind words. I will have our customer service agents fix the bad service rating that for you. Have a wonderful and safe Holiday!
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.