Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My apple i-pad is not getting on to the internet but my Macbook

Customer Question

My apple i-pad is not getting on to the internet but my Macbook is fine.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When did this problem start ? Does it work with other wifi network ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yesterday afternoon. I only have the one wifi network.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Then goto Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. Now, try connecting to your WiFi network and go online. Did that work ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It did not work

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Press the reset button on the back of the router for 2 seconds and your router will restart. Wait 2 minutes and then turn it off. Unplug it and wait 2 minutes again. Then turn it back on and connect your iPad to it. Did that w ork ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Elma, can you please try your iPad on another WiFi network ? That should tell us whether the problem is with the iPad or with the networ/router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i do not have another network

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You can try on your friends' or neighbour's wifi network or on public wifis. Let me know..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will go next door and try

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ok, let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not go next door. I was using the wrong password
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Is everything working fine now ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It appears so. Thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You're most welcome :)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively. So that I will get credit for helping you.
Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did reply before but I rated you again.
All is well. I have paid my £30s. I did not realise that I am supposed to leave a tip as well?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You've rated me only once, that is now and you will not be charged twice. Thank you Elma :)

You are not supposed to leave tip. It is just optional. You can only leave tip if you want to do so.

And it is kind of late, but I wish you a happy new year :)