Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

I have forgotten my password ***** my ipad The message on my

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** my ipad
The message on my ipad now reads:
"Ipad disabled
connect to iTunes"
I duly connect my ipad to iTunes which then states that the ipad is locked please enter password
I seem to be in a Catch 22 position
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

You are on the right track so far except you will need to place your iPad into recovery mode before you can restore your iPad back to factory settings.

Connect your iPad back into your computer and open iTunes. Next, Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 45 secs or until the connect to iTunes logo appears. (Continue to hold when you see the apple logo.) The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad. Your iPad will now appear in "Recovery Mode" in iTunes. Press the Restore button

Michelle :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Hello
Michelle :

Hello, were you able to see my initial instructions?

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : What do I do next. I see no reply to my question
Michelle :

I am sorry you did not see my initial Answer. Here it is again

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : What action?
JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Hello???
Michelle :

Can you scroll up

Michelle :

I am responding to your answer

Michelle :

Do you want me to switch chat format so you can see my entire response

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : How can I put the iPad into recovery mode
Michelle :

Press and hold both the sleep and home button for 40 secs. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button at the bottom

Michelle :

Make sure your iPad is connected to your computer before pressing and holding both buttons

Michelle :

Checking in to make sure you are still not having trouble viewing my response. (Not sure what happened) Were you able to place your iPad in recovery mode?

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Error code ox80000084
Michelle :

Are you using a Mac or PC?

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : do you have a solution to this error code?
Michelle :

Yes, it means you need to upgrade your iTunes. If you are using a PC, click on Help from the top menu bar and choose Check for updates

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Hello
Michelle :

Michelle :

You will need to scroll down to see my response

Michelle :

Would you like me to switch our chat format so you can see my responses?

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : hello. All I have is this error code
JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : can you help
Michelle :

Yes, this means you need to update your iTunes. Within iTunes, click on Help and Choose Check for updates

Michelle :

Scroll down within the chat so you can see

Michelle :

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Pc
Michelle :

You will need to update your iTunes. Within iTunes, click on Help at the very top menu and choose Check for updates.

Michelle :

You will need to update your iTunes. Within iTunes, click on Help at the very top menu and choose Check for updates.You can also download the latest version here. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Your answers are barely visible
Michelle :

Okay I am going to switch our chat format is that okay

JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : sorry for the delay in replying.
JACUSTOMER-n2bxqnkr- : Yes
Michelle :

Okay

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Is this format better
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to see everything on one screen now
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
First, You will need to update your iTunes. Within iTunes, click on Help at the very top menu and choose Check for updates.You can also download the latest version here. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my last?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. No I did not receive your last reply. What did it say?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to update iTunes?