Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

have my phone 5c plugged plugged into computer but wont ch

Customer Question

have my phone 5c plugged plugged into computer but wont charge
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Disconnect the iPhone from your computer. Then press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happened

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Connect it to your charger (power outlet) and let it charge for 15 minutes. Then reset the iPhone while it is connected.

If that didn't work, then I want you to charge it with a different USB cable for 15 minutes and then reset it. This time hold down the both buttons for 20 seconds. Does it shows any sign of life ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its as if power isn't getting in to give it a charge I let it run right down

nothing is happening with reset as there is no power?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
The reset will not work if it doesn't have any power. If it have atleast 2% of charge, then the reset will completely force restart all the internal components of the iPhone.

Have you tried charging it with different USB cable ? There is a chance that the problem is with the cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive tried cables that work on other phones etc think its time for shop to sort it?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
If it is not working, then either the battery is dead or the problem is with the logic board. If it is the logic board, then I would recommend to get a new phone and not fix it. It is not worth to fix it if the problem is with the board. If it is less than 1 year old and under warranty, then Apple will give you a new one for free instead of fixing it.

Since I couldn't solve your problem, you can contact JustAnswer for refund if you want. Please don't rate me answer bad or poor if you are not satisfied.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I apply for refund im sorry you couldn't fix it too and wont rate you as bad

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You can contact the customer support at***@******.*** or apply for refund from here : http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Please come back again if you have any questions regarding anything.

Best Regards,
Ashik