Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

iPad is very slow to charge

Customer Question

iPad is very slow to charge
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried a different charging cable? How old is the iPad? Has the battery ever been replaced?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have not substituted charging cable but wonder what cable problem could slow the charge rate. The iPad is less than three years old. The has never been replace (I like thi possibility).
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Cables fail all the time and when they do they work intermittenly before not working at all. That is how it could slow the charge rate. To rule that out for sure another cable needs to be tested.
.