Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

my ipad seems to have frozen and nothing will move or work.

my ipad seems to have frozen and nothing will move or work. the only way I can switch it on or off is the button on the rim. Then I get the home page which is totally still and nothing else works at all.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Juliet! Thank you question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this: Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.
graphic
When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant thank you very much. Was it something I did that I can avoid in the future?

You're welcome. Great. No, it was not something you did. The iPad is like a computer. Once in a while, you can reboot the iPad with my previous steps in order to refresh the iPad's memory. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much