Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a series 4200 HP scanner hooked up to my iMac running

I have a series 4200 HP scanner hooked up to my iMac running on 10.9.5 it has worked perfectly a year together and suddenly I am getting the message " done scanning selected areas" the scan overview comes up and then when you click on scan this message comes up. Worked this morning!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

Mike the Mac Medic :

If all is ok go to System Preferences Print & Scan and delete the printer with the minus sign then add it back with the plus sign