Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

can not send e-mails - message received - sender *****@******.***

can not send e-mails - message received - sender *****@******.*** was rejected by the server smtp.tools.sky.com. checked mail settings which appear to be correct
harware iMAC provider sky
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you tell me please which email program on the Mac you are using? eg: Mac Mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wear do I find the e-mail program on my mac?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, which icon do you click to open emails James? What does it look like?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps .
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Eagle on a stamp

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is Mac Mail
Click on the Mail menu then select Preferences.
Select the Accounts tab then select the email account to update.
At the bottom where it says Outgoing Mail Server SMTP Select Edit smtp server list from the drop down menu.
Re-enter your username and password ***** Sky
Save this and then try to send an email.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when select edit server list there is no option to re-entre user name and password

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You will see the user name and password ***** listed James.
Delete it then re-type in your email and password.
You may need to click on advance next to the servers name
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please click on my link below James
Click me to view
If you follow the instructions and you are using Apple Mail, you will see the window such as that.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do not get an option to save and therefore it reverts back to the original account

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if it is rejecting you it is going to be this, and when you click the red circle to close the window, it should be asking you to save.
On the accounts page, where is lists the Sky account, click the + and add the sky account again.
Then send from the new sky account.
Tell me if you get the same error then please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

rejects new account no save option

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then looks like your actual password ***** account is blocked by Sky.
Are you able to sign into your account here?
Click me to view
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, what is the message you get when you cannot add the account in Mac Mail? as per out last instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I select + at the bottom of the accounts and a list appears of different providers. I select yahoo as sky use this e-mail provider and fill in the necessary details but it does not allow me to save it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you cant select Yahoo, select Other email account please.
Even though yahoo runs some of it, the servers are still from Sky .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will not allow me to set up another account, this is getting hopeless and I can't afford another £27.89 remote fix!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I will do it free of charge James as it is not clear what you are doing.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

id 4 6 9 6 6 7 0 0 3 password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It says the password ***** *****
Can you please double check it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

9624

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist