Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I am looking with getting mail on my iphone which

I am looking for help with getting mail on my iphone which suddenly stopped! thought I could see previous cases!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome.
On the phone hold the power and sleep buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release. Let the phone restart and try to add the account to the phone. Let me now the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK,

have deleted account. Turned off phone Turned back on again. the reste account. Will let you know in a moment.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This has not worked.

Yahoo account now reset but 'cannot get mail' message still coming up.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
So you can add the account it just does not receive correct? Can you send emails?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can see the mail box accounted added but cannot do anything with it, no mail listed, cannot send. When I select to go to 'inbox', the cannot get mail- connection to server failed message comes up!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the app store and download the app yahoo mail. Use this and tell me please if it allows you to send and receive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes,

have done and can send and receive. What happens to the mail box facility then- is this now redundant?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you use this app Yvonne, it provides all the functionality for your account. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me and please remember to rate my service.