Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I'm getting the same librooksbas.dylib plug in message on safari

I'm getting the same librooksbas.dylib plug in message on safari as other customers only I don't seem to have Rapport installed. I can't find the file.
Pls can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
to be sure, do it this way please
Open Mac Terminal (Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal)
Type cd /Library/Rapport and click enter (please notice the space after "cd")
Type sudo ./RapportUninstaller.sh and click enter (please notice the space after "sudo")
Then restart the computer and tell me if you still get the error.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, I've done this and it says command not found. I've looked for Rapport.dmg but can't find it ???
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On which line do you get this error please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard I'm responding via my iPhone as I only have safari on my Mac. Frustratingly slow.
The response is under sudo: /Rapport ..... Etc
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Do the following please
Shut down your Mac, wait 30 seconds, then hold down the Shift key while pressing the power button.
When you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear), release the Shift key.
If you are prompted to log in, type your password, then hold down the Shift key again as you click “Log in.”
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
Click your account’s name, then click Login Items.
Make a list of the login items—you’ll need to remember them later.
Select all of the login items, then click Delete (-).
Choose Apple menu > Restart.
Then tell me if Safari now functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was only Google chrome login in actually.
It didnt work Richard. It quit but without the plug in error. Looking at the report it means nothing to me! Very long though. What next?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you get Safari to open at all?
Do you have Google Chrome installed and does that work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Safari doesn't open. It gives me the error msg as its trying to open. I did have chrome until earlier which worked but my genius brother suggested trashing it so I don't have another browser on my Mac hence using my iPhone to msg you!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, Chrome would have made it easier
If you make a new user account on the Mac, then restart and sign in with this, does Safari open?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's frozen! I created a new user.tried to open safari and its whirring away in the ha ground, the app isn't fully opening and I can't force quit. Importantly I noticed for moment there's an installation trying to complete which flashes up and then disappears.
This is a nightmare!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, restart the computer then try again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried again under the new user and Safari starts to open. There's a spinning coloured wheel right now
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, how long has it been?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I shut down by using the button after a few minutes as the functions weren't working on any other app. It's restarting now very slowly.
Could the installation that's incomplete have anything to do with this. A few days ago I cancelled the upgrade to the latest operating system. Think it's mountain lion. I don't think it completely cAn elled
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, thats likely to be the reason.
It may need time to complete the installation.
Do you see it being busy (the beach ball showing) when you leave it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Yosemite. No I can't see the ball. Should I try to start again with the upgrade. I wasn't keen to upgrade so I thought I'd cancelled it. How can I check the progress of the upgrade?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It should show you this, but it looks like you went half way through the update and this is the problem, so yes, you will have to let it finish.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Finally the problem was solved! Thank you for your help - Safari now works. Rapport was hidden on my computer as far as I can tell and it was only revealed when the update to Yosemite completed. It was put in the incompatible software folder on my Mac and I've been able to uninstall it.

Thanks again

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect! I was confident it was the cancelled update that was the issue, good to see it is now ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist