Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I there I have a mac infected by uk ransomwear in the uk

Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To get rid of this, within Safari, Click on the Safari menu and then choose “Reset Safari”
This will remove the code within Safari that gives this message
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Reset safari is shown but not highlighted so it won't let me
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we do it via a keyboard shortcut, so first we make this
Launch System Preferences, click on the Keyboard preference, click the Shortcuts tab, and click the App Shortcuts entry. Now click the plus (+) button that appears below the list of shortcuts, in the sheet that appears choose Safari from the Application pop-up menu, and in the Menu Title field enter Reset Safari… (the elipsis character—created by typing Option-semicolon—is required). Enter the shortcut you’d like to use and then click on the Add button.
Then in Safari use this Shortcut
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im a complete novice keyboard preference?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this method is probably easier Kyle
Click on the Apple Menu in the upper left-corner of your screen and choose “Force Quit” from the menu. The Force Quit window opens.
Make sure Safari is highlighted and click the Force Quit button. This should shut down Safari. Close the Force Quit window.
Hold down a Shift key on your keyboard as you relaunch the Safari browser (usually by clicking the Safari icon on the dock)
This should then remove it
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'm back in business, what's next
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats it, its now removed Kyle
Your good to go
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks Richard. Was this aone time payment?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, it was the deposit you already made Kyle.
I am compensated for the work of removing your virus which we did via the force stop before, when you rate me on my answer
If you need anything else, please let me know