Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My wife died recently. When I looked at her Ipad to ensure

Customer Question

My wife died recently. When I looked at her Ipad to ensure that her friends and relatives (the details of which she kept on the Pad) were correctly informed I discovered that she had installed a numeric code. As I normally work on my own computer and had no need ever to access her Pad and am not aware of the code number the Pad has now locked up. Is there any way that I can access the Pad without taking it to an Apple dealer because, I am told, all they will do is wipe all the contents from the pad which will mean that I loose all photographs that my Wife held dear?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Did she have a computer that it was synced to?

Mike the Mac Medic :

If so do this:

JACUSTOMER-cybv4xyq- :

No

Mike the Mac Medic :

So you also don't know her Apple ID and password?

Mike the Mac Medic :

This was your original question correct?