Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My IPad repeatedly fails to recognise my (accurate) password. And tell

Customer Question

My IPad repeatedly fails to recognise my (accurate) password. And tells me ( drop,down) I cannot get mail In fact, I get mail without problem.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Who is your email provider ? Gmail, Yahoo etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have two. Yahoo and gmail.
*****@******.***
*****@******.***. The Gmail is rEserved for friends and family.
Mail is received in both but both are subject to the drop.down messages . "cannot get mail" or password ***** recognized passwords for both are accurate.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
Then goto Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then select the mail accounts and remove them. Then add them back. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Douglas,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively. So that I will get credit for helpin you.
Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The advice given would have resulted in the loss of memory from my iMac. tried the fired part of your suggestion but did not proceed, The result is that my time spent on both Yahoo and Google is Enter Password" When I do this, the drop-down message says "Incorrect". This wrong as two new passwords have already been approved.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Douglas, my advice is for iPad and it will never lead to the loss of memory of your iMac. I'm not sure what files or data you have lost.
Are you able to access Yahoo and Gmail from Safari on your iPad ?