Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

, I have a Mac Mini (mid 2011) with 10.10.2 installed. Since

I have a Mac Mini (mid 2011) with 10.10.2 installed. Since 20th February, it has been attempting to download from Apple a package of updates for my printer drivers, the 50 or so Mb package comprising Canon Inkjet Printer Software Update 3.2 and Epson Printer Software Update 3.0. The (very slow) download reaches about 12 Mb, then leaps to 40 Mb, rises to about 41 Mb then states that the package is "installed". But the flag stating "Update" re-appears in the App Store Update pane, and before long the software attempts to update the software again. This has happened many times. Meanwhile, the printer drivers still function. I have tried resetting the Mac App Store application, having made the "debug" menu command visible via Terminal - but to no avail. What can I do to correct this behaviour please?
Hugh
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. If all is ok sign out of your account in App Store then restart and sign back in. Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike, many thanks. I've been called away from my Mac to deal with family issues! Apologies! However, I will follow your instructions tomorrow morning (it's 10.15 p.m. here). I'm sure they will work - if not I will come back.

Hugh

Yes let me know
Sorry one more thing before you sign back in to App Store:

• From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  • Click Spotlight.
  • Click the Privacy tab.
  • Drag Macintish HD to the window
  • If prompted for confirmation, click OK.
  • Remove the item or volume you just added to the list by clicking it and then clicking the minus ("-") button.
  • Close Spotlight preferences.
  • Spotlight will re-index the contents of the folder or volume.