Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Main desktop working fine. However my I-pad suddenly is not

Main desktop working fine. However my I-pad suddenly is not accepting e-mails and I can't access internet despite my BT Homehub2-CX8R being on. The error "cannot connect to server" is highlighted.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you please hold the power and home button on the iPad for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Let the iPad restart and then tell me if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

which are the power and home buttons?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The power button is the one that switches the screen on and off and the home button is the one on the front of the screen at the bottom.
Like in this picture.
http://cdn3.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/forcereboot.jpg
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happens.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to hold both buttons down until the Apple Logo shows, it will show, you just need to do it for at least 10 seconds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you believe it - it works now !

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would Stephen :)
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.