Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I had my laptop re-booted in the apple store because something

Customer Question

I had my laptop re-booted in the apple store because something had corrupted. I accept that it lost all my files, but I was not expecting to lose Word, Excel and Powerpoint. How do I re-install these without having to pay (again) for the apps? And why do the store not take care to reinstall these, which are fundamental apps?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered.
Can you tell me please, where did you initially purchase Microsoft office from? And which version was it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

App store I assume. I don't know which version it was.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Susan
If it was online then you can just download it again and install it.
To do this, click on my link below
Click This Link
Sign in with your Microsoft account that you used to initially do the purchase.
Then click on your account and you can redownload and install Office, just like you did initially.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've tried going to Microsoft and I don't seem to be able to access software I've bought before, only be offered new software costing hundreds of pounds. What am I doing wrong?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, did you sign into your account on that link Susan? As per my instructions?